Our Charlotte area food pantry is open Mondays and Thursdays.
We open at 9:30am and serve the first 50 Families each day.
Our Ministry… Who We Are
C.U.P. Ministry was founded in 1986 by several area churches as a way to meet the growing needs of those in the surrounding community. Over the years, CUP has grown to the point where the doors are now open to anyone that comes in search of help, no matter where they may call home. Our Missions Director, David Godwin, has continued this work as God has blessed and multiplied our resources. Our prayer is to be found faithful with that which God has entrusted to us, and to lift up the name of Jesus Christ.
- Share the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Provide free food and clothing to those in need
- To meet people at their point of need and allow the power of God to transform their lives and to see Jesus show Himself real to hurting people.
- To give food and clothing to the homeless, the bound, the working poor, and those going through a crisis or needing one-time assistance.
- To meet each person at the current point of spiritual needs and share the hope and good news of Jesus Christ.
- To help people transition from their current place of spiritual and physical needs and if necessary, refer them to appropriate agencies, churches, and other sources of help.
- To continually extend our circumference of service to neighborhoods in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County and to those that may not be able to reach our facility.
- To honor God with our service, actions, prayers, and testimonies.
- To show the love of Jesus in a practical way to the needy and hurting.
- To multiply God’s blessings of volunteer service time and funds to help families regularly plus outreach efforts and special projects.
- To work with 2nd Harvest Food Bank, all interested evangelical churches, and other Food Pantries.
- To continue to be an all-volunteer agency and provide living testimony opportunities.
Our Future Hope and Prayers…
- To expand our facility to allow more food and clothing storage, more counseling offices, more space for volunteers to be able to help, and ultimately serve more people.
- To provide more opportunities in counseling and physical service.
- To provide mission training opportunities for individuals seeking to serve God, including working with Spanish speaking peoples.
- To provide extended assistance to groups such as the Homeless.
David Godwin (Missions Director)
1201 East 36th Street Charlotte, NC 28205